THE ROBOPON DEBUG MENU
Infinite backupdisks to CounterDiving and Torchickens on TCRF for this info!
The debug menu is accessed by going to the Title Menu as normal, then,
Open up Memory Viewer in emulator, go to WRAM address corresponding to your situation:
- DFA7 for US Super Gameboy or Game Boy
- DFC5 for Game Boy Color
Change the value at the address to 02
if you don't have an existing Save, else 03.
For JA version with no existing save set to 03, else 04.
After doing this, the menu will have a glitched extra option selected. Press A.
If it worked, you'll know, sometimes its hard to see the debug option but yeah.
Note: I once accidentally used the Super Gameboy method while playing Game Boy Color and it brought me to a glitched menu with plenty of Japanese text and borders i've never seen anywhere else! It also had a bunch of options for GB Kiss, however trying to replicate it I could not get back to it! If you figure out what it was let me know! I believe there are more debug menus and hidden menus/options in the game for sure!
- Field - loads a new game
- Sprite - seems broken, just returns to the debug menu.
- World Map - just displays the Porombo Island map
- Continue - Loads the current save file, even if one doesn't exist. If a save file doesn't exist then the player will follow a glitchy route through trees to get to Grandpa Hogle from the top-left corner of Capri Town.
|Dump Byte ||Dumps some stats. Not sure what it means but these were my results:|
| Sirial ||Probably used for flashing the ROM in the cartridge during testing. Won't do anything if you don't have SPI hooked up to your Game Boy, which I bet you don't.
|Ir||for testing the infrared sensor.
|Battle anime ||Allows you to view any attack animation
| Battle exec ||Initiates a debug battle with max-stats Robopon
| Sound ||Allows you to play any sound effect or song. Gives you a cute mini-menu below, Busy is for playing music, SE stands for Sound Effect.|
|remot ||presumably for testing the IR sensor. Will wait for IR signal and freeze.
|Comm Battle || For testing 2-player Battles.
|Time ||Two numbers are displayed both initiated at 00. The bottom number is increased by 1 every minute, and the top number is increased by 1 every hour.
| Ending|| plays the credits
| 64 data|| does nothing, presumably related to the N64 game that was only available in Japan.
|Battle Chara ||Lets you view all the sprites in the game, also lets you view them in different color palettes, which is pretty neat!
|Debug||Likely GB Kiss modem-related. Seems to do nothing, just loops through this menu: |
|Color|| test setting the background color of the screen. "Blue" is mis-spelled "Bule". |
Allows you to play any of the 4 mini-games using a max-stats debug Robopon team.
- R.PMenu - does nothing
- Field - opens the Start Menu
- Command - the Dispatch Company menu - exiting it scrambles/glitches all graphics.
- Store - Loads the shopping dialog
- Elevato - Functions like the elevator but is broken and causes crashes.
- Name - Changes player name and birthday
- Dispatch - unknown purpose
- Period - unknown, related to Dispatching
There are six options here, Greatest6 to Greatest1. All have the game bring up a "Loading" screen that is notably long, but eventually the game loads what appears to be a predefined save file with data depending on which option was chosen.
Just plays the music for Capri Town.
this is a work in progress, more to come